The MV-U40D-TH has been developed in conjunction with mines that utilize underground equipment that have tyre sizes between 12:00 x 20 to 26,5 x 25 tyres. It has been recognized that handling these tyres underground pose a serious risk to personnel and needs to be “mechanized”.
KEY SAFETY BENEFITS FROM USING THE MV-U40D-TH TYRE HANDLER
- Remote control keeps the operator clear of the tyre during handling operation.
- Grab assembly forms a “cage” around the tyre, for greater protection from “blowouts”
- Tyres can be changed underground without the need to tram to a workshop.
- The risk of the tyre rolling down an incline is eliminated.
- Tyre pressures can be checked and adjusted using the MV-U40D-TH ‘s onboard compressor.
- Quicker tyre changing time = less downtime of equipment = more production